Happy Halloween everyone!
Is everybody ready for a night of trick-or-treating, candy eating, dressing up, and halloween-y fun! I sure am! Do you wanna know what I'm going to be? Bashful! As in Bashful from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! My friend's mom made all of our costumes, and boy, are they super duper cute! It looks exactly like their clothes (except the pants...I wore tights), and to make sure people could tell us apart, she wrote, no wait, I mean sewed our "names" on to the butt area of our tops! It was super cute! We even had the hats! So yup, that's what I'm gonna be for Halloween! :)
Mint Chocolate Spiderweb Cupcakes
Printer Friendly Version
1 stick butter
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon mint extract
1/2 cup milk
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and line 12 muffins tins with cupcake liners
2. In a microwavable bowl microwave chocolate, butter, and cocoa powder until melted, stirring occasionally.
3. In a separate bowl combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
4. In a bowl beat eggs and granulated sugar. Mix in extract.
5. Mix in flour mixture, alternating with the milk.
6. Evenly divide among cupcake tins and bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before frosting.
7. In a bowl beat butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Frost cupcakes.
8. In a microwaveable bowl melt chocolate with butter. Place in a ziploc bag and cut off the tip. Pipe in concentric circles, and using a toothpick, drag the tip of the toothpick from the center to the edge.