OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doughnuts!

How embarrassing...for the last like, I don't know, all my years of my life, I thought the word "doughnut" was spelled, donut. Oops, I guess I've seen the Dunkin' Donut sign too many times....But anyways, I bet you guys are wondering why I'm talking about my horrendous spelling skills, right? Well, this month I completed my first daring baker challenge! It was held by Lori over at butter me up, and this month's challenge was to make...doughnuts! (yes! I spelled doughnut right! LOL)


So doughnuts aren't actually my favorite food. I know, strange yea? It's just that they're fried! In oil! Yuck! I guess super yummy doughnuts don't taste fried, but I guess I just couldn't do it 'cause I ended up baking them! I guess they do look kind of plain, but dip them in a chocolate glaze or roll 'em in some butter and cinnamon sugar, and then ta dah, you have an amazing, and uh sorta healthy breakfast!

4 comments:

  1. Actually, it can be spelled both ways! Doughnuts and donuts is both correct! So you have been spelling it correct all this time (;

    And I agree. I don't really like fried doughnuts, but I love baked ones. I hope you enjoyed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donut isn't a correct spelling!?!?!?! We don't have dunkin donuts here, but we have 'donut king' =S *sigh* I thought both ways were right.....ehehe

    Congrats on your first daring bakers challenge!! I love doughnuts but I don't like the idea of them being fried.....
    I'll have to try baked donuts one day though! Your donuts looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad--I would have spelled it that way too! Yours look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie: REALLY! OMG you just made me feel a lot better!

    Von: Haha, I guess it is!

    A spicy perspective: haha, maybe...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)