OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

I can't believe it's November. School is 1/4 done. Summer is only 3/4 of a school year away. Wow, 3/4 of a school year....sounds pretty far away when I put it like that. Well, since the first quarter of school is already over, guess what that means?!? Quarter finals and quarter grades!! *Gulp! I am totally not looking forward to that. At least these grades don't go on our transcripts...right?! But anyways, how about some cookies?

Sorry about the sudden transition from school to cookies. I just couldn't bear to write more about school! Ugh, just thinking about it makes my brain hurt! At least these cookies make it all better! They were sturdy, oat-y, and chocolate-y. Yum!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Like mother like daughters
Ingredients:
¾ cup of butter, at room temperature
¾ cup of brown sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and egg.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Place heaping tablepoons of dough on a greased or parchment-paper lined cookie sheet, squishing the top slightly
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes
6. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I love your blog and your pics. Keep up the good work and recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog, but I definitely love what I see! These cookies sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)