Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies

I can't believe it's November. School is 1/4 done. Summer is only 3/4 of a school year away. Wow, 3/4 of a school year....sounds pretty far away when I put it like that. Well, since the first quarter of school is already over, guess what that means?!? Quarter finals and quarter grades!! *Gulp! I am totally not looking forward to that. At least these grades don't go on our transcripts...right?! But anyways, how about some cookies?

Sorry about the sudden transition from school to cookies. I just couldn't bear to write more about school! Ugh, just thinking about it makes my brain hurt! At least these cookies make it all better! They were sturdy, oat-y, and chocolate-y. Yum!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Like mother like daughters
¾ cup of butter, at room temperature
¾ cup of brown sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and egg.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Place heaping tablepoons of dough on a greased or parchment-paper lined cookie sheet, squishing the top slightly
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes
6. Enjoy!


  1. I just wanted to say I love your blog and your pics. Keep up the good work and recipes! :)

  2. I love oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! Great post!

  3. Ohhh these sound FABULOUS!!!!

    Great blog!

    Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

  4. I'm new to your blog, but I definitely love what I see! These cookies sound fantastic!


Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)