Brownie? Yum. Cookie? Yum. A brownie-like cookie? YES.
These cookies are rich, chewy, and filled with chunks and chunks of chocolate. Unfortunately I can't find my sd card reader, so I can't upload the pictures. Shucks! Even though the pictures didn't do the cookies justice, they at least showed how thick and puffy the cookies looked. If I find the reader, I'll be sure to upload them, but in the meantime, maybe just take my word for it and try these super chocolate-y, soft, and delicious cookies?
Chocolate Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
Adapted from All Recipes Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies I
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chunks, I used Trader Joe's 72% Belgium Dark Chocolate cut into 1/4 chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F (325 for convection ovens) and line a pan with parchment paper
2. In a medium sized bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
3. In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes (I baked mine for 8 minutes). Wait for 1 minute and then place on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.