OTHER PAGES

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cupmen

Do you guys eat cup noodle? Have you ever heard of it? I bet you have. It’s those Styrofoam cups filled with dried noodles that you just pour some hot water into, wait 3 minutes, and then eat. I’m not a fan of them, but my brother definitely loves them. Like I bet he would eat it everyday for a year if he could.

I don't really like them cause I’d much rather eat something else. Not some salt laden, instant noodles made in a Styrofoam cup. But, I would make a cup if I could use this gadget thing I got from my host mother. He’s called Cupmen! He’s this little guy that you put on the lid after pouring in hot water. He's the orange little guy on the cup! Isn't he cute?

His upper body turns a different color when your noodles are ready. Neat, huh? I think it’s a tad excessive, but you know, you can never have too many gadgets! (I think….)

Note about where to buy him:
 Oops! Sorry guys I forgot to say where to buy this little guy! My bad..
My host mother (in Japan) actually ordered him online (to be shipped to her house in Japan), so if you live in Japan they're practically at any store that sells kitchen gadget things. It was 800 yen, when I was Japan. I just looked up how much it would be to buy in the US, and um..well it's a little pricey! It's about 50 dollars...and I even looked on Amazon japan, but it doesn't ship to the US. bummer, yea? My advice is if someone you know, or you are going to Japan, definitely buy a couple of these little guys!  

16 comments:

  1. Cupman is most definitely cute. I don't eat these type of noodles either. Can he be used for other types of food?

    Is so, he'd make great gifts & where can we purchase him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the idea. a watched pot never boils so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too cute, they would sell like hot cakes here in South Korea, i have yet to see something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is funny. Ironically the ramen with reduced sodium aren't that good, LOL. I just lay a pot holder on top it and it generally does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find that? My boyfriend loves cup noodles and he would find that just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops! Sorry guys I forgot to say where to buy this little guy! My bad..
    My host mother actually ordered him online, but if you live in Japan they're practically at any store that sells kitchen gadget things. It was 800 yen, when I was Japan. I just looked up how much it would be to buy in the US, and um..well it's a little pricey! It's about 50 dollars...and I even looked on Amazon japan, but it doesn't ship to the US. bummer, yea? My advice is if someone you know, or you are going to Japan, definitely buy a couple of these little guys!

    Debs: Yea, he is, isn't he!? Um..I don't think he can be used for other types of food, but in some of the pictures he was hanging on to people's computers, and ledges. Stuff like that.

    Anonymous: Nice saying!

    Benjamin + Amy: Really? Wow, maybe I should start a business importing these little guys!

    Grezakster: Really? I haven't even tried those...Haha, I put a plate on top!! lol

    Megan: This would definitely be a great gift for your bf then! If you live in Japan, then he can be found in many store, but if you live anywhere else, they're kinda pricey (about 50$). I suggest checking out a Japanese store that carries kitchen things or cute things. Hopefully, they will carry it. (I haven't seen it in the US, so I'm pretty sure it's a Japan thing)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cute. I just use a fork on top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can order Cupmen for you, they also released another pose- ;)
    http://rinkya.blogspot.com/2010/06/cupmen-number-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs.Mordecal: I know, yea!? Haha, yea a fork would work as well!

    Laurel: Wow, your site is super cool! Oh yea, I just saw the other pose!! They're all so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I totally want one! I don't eat these cup noodles, but I do enjoy an occasional korean bowl noodle :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait. Just google-coverted 800 yen into US dollars, and it gave me something just under $10. Still pricey, but definitely not $50 pricey. Was this a typo, or did you factor in some costs I overlooked? O_o?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The item itself is only about 10 dollars, but shipping to the U.S. is about 40, or at least it was when I searched it. It may have changed, but it was about 50 including the price...hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought a couple of Cupmen for Christmas stocking stuffers from http://www.ramenplace.com ....if anyone is looking for one..I would def check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)