I've actually never been to the bakery (hopefully I will soon), so I have not tried their original brownie. However that didn't stop me from borrowing their cookbook from the library. (I like to borrow my books to see if I like them before buying them-this book definitely passed the test!) So far, I've made four of their recipes and loved all of them! But first, you have to start with the original, right?
If you like slightly cake-y, not too rich/dark brownies, than I bet you would call these brownies "perfect". And not so surprisingly, many people love those types of brownies. I brought them to school, and before lunch my container was empty!
All of the recipes are made for a 9x9 pan, but I only had a 8x8, and rather than over filling the pan, I made mini bite-sized brownies! My mom called these the perfect diet desserts, as they are already portioned, but decadent enough to feel like you're indulging. I, on the other hand, prefer a large square of brownie with a glass of milk, or even better, a bowl of vanilla ice cream!
Original Fat Witch Brownie
14 Tbs butter
½ cup plus 2 Tbs bittersweet chocolate
1 ¼ cup gran sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs unbleached flour
1. Grease 9x9 and preheat oven to 350˚F (Or grease an 8x8 and line 9 mini muffin tins with baking cups)
2. Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
3. Cream together eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
4. In a separate bowl sift together flour and salt.
5. Fold in to the chocolate mixture
6. Pour in to prepared pan and bake for 33 minutes