Friday, May 13, 2011
Apricot + Fig + Pecans + Nuts = Granola Bars :)
Apricot and Fig Nut Bars
1 1/2 cup dried apricot
1 cup dried fig
1/3 cup almond
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup apple sauce
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F and line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper
2. In a food processor pulse dried figs and apricot until uniform in size (large crumbs). Set aside
3. Toast almonds and pecans, then roughly chop.
4. In a bowl combine egg and apple sauce. Mix in oats, nuts, and dried fruit.
5. Press in to pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.