OTHER PAGES

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkin Granola

It's finally getting cold here! You know how I can tell?! I can leave the widows open at night without my room getting too hot. Yea, I know, maybe not the best indicator, but it's already November, so I'm just gonna say it's officially fall here. And what better to eat during fall than pumpkin granola? I first saw a recipe for pumpkin granola on Two Peas and Their Pod, and I was instantly craving some! It just looked delicious....large chunks of crunchy granola... yum :) 

When I eat granola, I crave one of two types. There's the granola with a lot of add ins, like cranberries, almonds, hazelnuts, raisins, lots of stuff, and there's the other type of granola that's just plain 'ol oats, toasted with a little sweetener, such as agave syrup, maple syrup, or honey!



Pumpkin Granola
Ingredients:
3 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice

1. Preheat oven to 325˚F
2. In a bowl combine maple syrup, puree, yok, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice.
3. Mix in rolled oats
4. Evenly spread mixture on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden, stirring every 5 minutes

8 comments:

  1. I've yet to make homemade granola. Whta a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade granola and we have a similar recipe for the pumpkin version. Thanks for sharing and nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S,
    I spent 4 years of my early childhood on Oahu at Hickaman. I miss Hanauma Bay, the "witches brew", feeding the parrot fish out of my hand, and definitely the manapua for lunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious! I've never made pumpkin granola, so will have to try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this while it's still pumpkin season. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good. I'm going to make this for Thanksgiving breakfast. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the recipe idea...I LOVE that you have an egg yolk in there. I make my granola mostly sugar free and it doesn't have clumps. The egg solved that problem!
    I posted it on my blog and gave credit to you for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)