OTHER PAGES

Monday, October 11, 2010

Spelt Pancakes

Don't you just love waking up on a Saturday morning to the smell of warm pancakes? Well I do too, but that never really happens because I always wake up wayyyy too early, and I'm usually the one making the pancakes. But I guess that's a good thing because I get to try different recipes to find "the one". This recipe is for a healthier pancake, or at least that's how I think of it. It uses spelt for crying out loud! It should be healthy!

My entire family, including me, were surprised by how tasty these pancakes were. Plus, they were really easy to make. All I had to do was throw all the ingredients in a bowl, mix with a spoon, pour on griddle, flip, and serve! The pancakes had a delicious cinnamon-y nutty flavor, that tasted great by themselves or with a little maple syrup and whipped cream! Perfect for a lazy Saturday morning!



Spelt Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 large egg
1 cup spelt flour
3/4 cup milk
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbs apple sauce
3 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a bowl mix all ingredients
2. Heat a griddle to medium heat. Spray with pam
3. Use a ladle to pour batter in the center of the pan
4. Flip pancakes when bubbles form over the surface of the cake
5. Wait about a minute
6. Serve with maple syrup or whipped cream!

1 comment:

  1. I've never used spelt flour before....it sounds interesting!! And these pancakes sound delicious too! I'm always the one cooking the pancakes too! That's because I'm the only one who really likes pancakes....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)