OTHER PAGES

Monday, October 4, 2010

Cinnamon Sugar Bread Roll

Remember when I made peanut butter and apricot jelly pecan swirly bread? Well this time I went with a classic; cinnamon and sugar. Okay, so I know it's supposed to have raisins in it, but I didn't have any, and I forgot I had the huge bag of dried cranberries from costco. (Love that place, just ugh..I don't know what I'm gonna do with that huge bag of cranberries!)

I made the bread dough the same way I did last time, so if you don't have a bread machine, I'm pretty sure you can just make the dough in a bowl, let it rise for about an hour or so, and then roll it out.

Pretty cool looking, huh?
Some more pictures of the swirly cinnamon-y goodness! It reminds me of cinnamon toast crunch in bread form :)

Or a cinnamon roll in bread form without any icing. And when I cut it .....
Yum!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

Cinnamon Sugar Roll
Ingredients:
1 dough:
-3/4 cup water (Hot if not using a bread maker)
-2 cups bread flour
-2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
-1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
-2 1/2 Tbsp. dry milk
-1 tsp. salt
-1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
-1 tsp. active dry yeast

1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Directions:
1. Make dough according to bread makers instructions, bring out before last rising
2. Preheat oven to 350˚F
3. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough until about 1/2 inch thick
4. In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon, evenly sprinkle over bread
5. Roll, making sure to roll tightly
6. Allow to rise for about 20 minutes under a damp cloth
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until browned






5 comments:

  1. Mmm...I love cinnamon!! It's sorta like a differently shaped cinnamon roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bread! I use cinnamon in quite a few of my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man... this cinnamon-sugar bread roll looks amazing! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Von! Yea, I guess it is :)

    Joy: Thanks, me 2!

    Torviewtoronto: thx!

    Emily: I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)