|I finally bought a cookie scoop, so that's the reason behind these very round looking cookies|
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Su good sweets
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
8 ounces (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) brown sugar
4 ounces (1/3 cup) molasses
18 ounces (4 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces (2 cups) chocolate, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well-blended and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated
4. Add molasses, flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
5. Place balls of dough on to a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
6. Let cool on rack and store in airtight container.