OTHER PAGES

Monday, November 8, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies...Levain Copy Cat

Everyone has heard of Levain Bakery, right? Well the other night I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay, and it was a chocolate cookie episode!..er wait battle? I was so excited, and as I was watching I began to crave chocolate chip cookies. So what did I do? Bake some of course. :) Haha, and I even started the minute there was a commercial break!
I finally bought a cookie scoop, so that's the reason behind these very round looking cookies
As I was looking for recipes, I stumbled upon a Levain copy cat chocolate chip cookie, and I just knew I had to make them. I've never been to Levain bakery, (one of my stops next time I go to NY!) so I don't really know what they taste like, but on tv they looked huge, soft, and super super super tasty! The cookies were actually kinda puffy, but I don't think they were exactly like the ones from Levain bakery. They didn't spread much, but were soft, and gobbled up all the same :)



Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Su good sweets
Ingredients
8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter
8 ounces (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) granulated sugar
3 ounces (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) brown sugar
2 eggs
4 ounces (1/3 cup) molasses
18 ounces (4 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 ounces (2 cups) chocolate, cut into chunks

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle, cream together butter and sugars until well-blended and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat until well-incorporated
4. Add molasses, flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chunks.
5. Place balls of dough on to a cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned.
6. Let cool on rack and store in airtight container.



1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Levain bakery =S But these choc chip cookies look really different to all the ones you've made before- and they look really really yummy too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)