OTHER PAGES

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cookie Dough Lover's Unite!!! :D



I can't wait to share with you guys a recipe from the Cookie Dough Lover's Cookbook! When you were a kid, did your hand just gravitate to that unbaked bowl of cookie dough? Well, I'm sorry to say, but I had an aversion to unbaked cookie dough, unless it was in cookie dough ice cream. Hm, I really should try that recipe! Lindsay has a recipe for some amazing sounding cookie dough ice cream (chunks of cookie dough on browned butter ice cream anyone?!?!). Anyways, I know these cupcakes don't exactly look like the ones in the book....but I tried! And I messed up along the way....Yup, while I was making the cookie dough batter I accidentally put the chocolate chips in before I portioned out the frosting part! Grrr, so when I tried to frost the cupcakes, the chocolate bits got stuck in the tip, and I couldn't frost the cupcakes nice and pretty :(
So, I put on my problem solving cap and thought of a new idea. I remembered clearing my pantry out and finding some sprinkles, and then it hit me. Cover the tops with sprinkles! So it looked a lot better in my head, but I guess it worked out ok. The cupcake itself was moist, but not as chocolatey as I would have liked. But when paired with chocolate chip cookie dough filling and frosting, the cupcake was delicious! If you love cookie dough, I would definitely recommend buying Lindsay's book. It's cute, fun, and the recipes and pictures are oh-so-mouth-watering!
Now, here are a ton of pictures!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)