OTHER PAGES

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Daring Bakers: Croissants!






The Daring Bakers go retro this month! Thanks to one of our very talented non- blogging members, Sarah, the Daring Bakers were challenged to make Croissants using a recipe from the Queen of French Cooking, none other than Julia Child!

After eating croissants in Paris, I was a little apprehensive about making my own. But, they actually turned out great! Flaky, buttery (def. buttery, very very buttery!), and sooo yummy! I used the croissant recipe from Tartine

With the cream/egg yolk wash


er...my attempt at a chocolate croissant...and a leftover dough patty




Look at all the layers! So flaky and buttery :)



just the crumbs!



3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you did such a great job on this challenge the colour of the crust is stunning and the crumb of the inside is spot-on. Lovely work. Cheers from Audax in Sydney Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done :) super impressed! Never made puff before but I'd love to give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layers and flakiness on your croissants, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)