Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Soft and Chewy Chocoalte Chip Cookies (Martha Stewart)
Ack! School just started and I'm already drowning ;( Tomorrow I have a chem test, an Alg test, oh and a Japanese kanji test. Woo hoo *sarcastically* But no fear, I'm still baking! Like these cookies, for example. Plus, they're the perfect study food!
But....I do think too much stress isn't good for the body. And it especially effects your mind! You see, I forgot baking powder and baking soda in these babies. Oops. My bad. I wasn't thinking.
I do love cookies. Yes, I do. And do you know who loves these cookies more than me? Um...every super soft cookie lover! But no really, they're actually quite good even if you're not a fan of the softies.
Martha Stewart Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Yield: 3 dozen
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In a bowl whisk flour and baking soda
3. In a separate bowl cream butter and both sugars
4. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs
5. Mix in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips
6. Place rounded tablespoons on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
7. Bake until cookies are golden in the center, about 8-10 minutes
p.s. Don't forget it's National Rice Month! How about cooking up a Wild Rice Chicken Stir Fry? Plus, don't forget to vote! Maybe for the chicken stir fry?!?