OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daring Bakers Make French Frasier

Usually I wait until the last weekend of the month to attempt my daring baker's challenge. I know this probably isn't the most ideal approach to the challenge, but sometimes it just seems so daunting I'm not sure when to start! This time, however, I was so ready for the challenge.


Jana of Cherry Tea Cakes was our July Daring Bakers’ host and she challenges us to make French Frasiers inspired by recipes written by Elisabeth M. Prueitt and Chad Robertson in the beautiful cookbook Tartine.





After months of owning the Tartine cookbook, I was finally able to try my hand at making one of their beautiful cakes (I visited Tartine a couple of years ago, and boy, was it soooooo AMAZINGFABULOUSTASTYDELICIOUSAHHHSOOOGOOD!!!!) The French Frasier has several components. The cake, the pastry cream (which is later folded into the whipped cream, and the fresh fruit. I made all of the components and assembled the entire cake in a single day (we had the cake for dessert after dinner :] ) It was a lot of work, but totally worth it. The cake was light and fluffy, and the stabilized cream was the perfect match for the fresh fruit and fluffy cake! YUM!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)