OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's Up With This Weather? And my epiphany



Hey everyone! Have you all been enjoying your summer? Or, if you live in Australia, have you been enjoying your winter? Man, the weather here has been weird. Everyday it rains, but it's still sunny outside. For example, today I was walking to school, the sun was shinning and my face felt like it was burning, then BAM! er, i mean SWISH, all of a sudden this huge sheet of rain just starts to fall, but it's still sunny! At least the rain helps plants grow, like my mom's tomatoes.





I was reading Katie's blog, and she recently wrote a post about what makes a successful blog. As I was reading, I realized I should do what I want on my blog, what I like to do, what I like to eat, not what I think other people want me to. So, I've decided to take more pictures and write less. I know I'm writing a lot now, but I've realized I don't really enjoy writing too much. However, if I only had a photo blog that'd be pretty boring cause my pictures aren't that great either.  I've decided to work on that. My dad lent me his book on photography for the camera we have (rebel T2i), so I've been taking photos of the foliage around my house. I'm still getting the hang of it, so my pictures aren't the greatest, but I'm trying!




Some of my photography attempts...



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about blogging about what you want and not worrying about what others think. It's your blog after all! If you don't love it, who else will?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)