OTHER PAGES

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Souffle...gah it's sour! O.o

Oh no, it's going to deflate! This is my first attempt at making a souffle, and I have to say, I'm pretty happy. I followed Almost Bourdain's Souffle Recipe, but I substituted lemon juice for all of the lime and orange juice. (oops!, but more on that later) Many of the comments said their souffles turned out fantastic, and the recipe seemed pretty straightforward, so I was pretty excited. After watching countless cartoon shows where any movement or jingling of the pan caused the souffle to fall, I could not resist standing in front of the oven the entire baking time. Watching the souffle rise was pretty cool. At first I thought I was going to end up with lopsided souffles, but everything worked out. Oh, and the other thing, fill the bowls to the max! Some of my souffles didn't rise over the top because it was just too low.


So...now onto my substitution of lemon juice for the other two juices. Well, let's just say I won't be trying that again, especially if I don't want my mouth to pucker and my eyes to squint shut. It was so sorry I felt that tingly sensation in the back of my jaw, even after I had stopped eating!

Recipe from here.

3 comments:

  1. LOL the souffles came out great! Too bad they were so sour... I have yet to even attempt making a souffle, I feel like if I cant even master Japanese sponge cake, I'm not ready for Souffle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks perfect! Too bad it didn't taste perfect! I have a recipe for an almond one I want to try, but am a little nervous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so light and they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)