Sunday, February 13, 2011
Happy Almost Valentines Day!
William Sonoma Sugar Cookie
2 1/2 cups (390g) all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
12 Tbsp. (1 1/2 sticks/185g) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup (250g) sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Sift together flour and salt.
2. Beat butter until creamy and then add in sugar. Add in egg and vanilla.
3. Slowly mix in the flour
4. Divide dough in half, flatten in to a disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let stand for 5 minutes. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 3/16 to 1/4 inch . Dip cookie cutters into flour just before using and cut out shapes. Refrigerate the cookies until firm 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes