Ah! My first attempt at making macarons was a failure!!! Maybe it was cause I tried to change the recipe without making it first...oops, definitely not gonna do that again...
Oh, and I also added some milk because the batter was too thick. It seriously looked like peanut butter! But then it became too runny, and when I piped them onto the baking sheet, well they sorta mixed together. You wanna know the funniest thing? Well usually only two of them would mix, and they looked like peanuts when they were done baking!
I kinda let one batch sit in the oven a little longer than the other, and so some are very light, and the other are a little too dark. Okay, yea they're really really dark. They had a more burnt peanut taste!
Weird Peanut Cookies
110 grams peanut flour
200 grams confectioners sugar
100 grams egg whites (from 3 eggs, separated 24 hours in advance)*
50 grams granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. Pulse the peanut flour and confectioner’s sugar several times in your food processor until thoroughly mixed.
2. Beat egg whites until fluffy. Add the sugar and turn the mixer to high, whisking until you have a glossy meringue.
3. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites gently, briskly at first to break up the meringue a bit, until thoroughly mixed.
4. Pipe onto baking sheet
5. Let sit one hour at room temperature.
6. Heat oven to 300. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely and remove from the pan.