Did you guys check out the new page I added? I called it my "wishlist". It's everything (at least the stuff I could think of) that I want to make and/need to buy. While I was making the list I realized I never made anything with peanut butter and jelly. Nothing with peanut butter and jelly?! OMG that needed to be fixed right away! Plus, I had a craving for creamy peanut butter and sweet jelly! I made these bars to satisfy my craving!
|lookit those pecans and jelly!|
|chewy, sorta soft peanut butter base|
|studded with pecans... :)|
|View from the top!|
Peanut Butter and Amaretto Peach Pecan Preserve Bars
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups Ameretto Peach Pecan Preserves, or other flavor
2/3 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan
2. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and peanut butter; beat until combined, about 2 minutes.
3. Whisk together salt, baking powder, and flour. Slowly add to butter mixture. Add extract.
4. Transfer two-thirds of mixture to prepared pan; spread evenly. Spread preserve on top of peanut-butter mixture. Crumble remaining third of peanut-butter mixture on top of jam. Sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake until golden, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool; cut into about desired size
|and the side...|
|and another side...|