OTHER PAGES

Friday, August 6, 2010

Im back and a recipe for Anko Cupcakes

I'm back!! did you miss me? Well, Japan was amazing and sooo unforgettable :) there are lots of pictures coming!!! just sit tight cause I have sooo many (over 3000!) And I just have to say: Thank you so much to both my host families! Yes, I actually stayed with an actual Japanese family. But more about that later. :)

Right now is recipe time! I've spent the last 3 weeks in Japan, and I guess I still feel Japanese-y cause this recipe is for Anko Cupcakes! Anko is red bean paste, and can be found in most wagashi (Japanese sweets). These cupcakes are soft, and the anko in these cupcakes sorta turns them a little grayish. They look kinda weird with their grayish color and flecks of beans, but they are actually quite tasty!



Anko Cupcakes - Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients:
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup anko (red bean paste, also known as tsubuan or koshian. Either is fine)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease a mini cupcake pan
2. In a bowl combine egg, sugar, and butter
3. Mix in flour and then anko
4. Pour batter in to greased tins
5. Bake for 13 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
6. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)