Saturday, August 7, 2010

Carrot Sugar Cookie

man, im uber slow at unpacking! My suitcase is lying in front of the doorway. Good thing we don't use that door :p okay well maybe im not that slow at packing. I actually cleaned out one entire suitcase. It's the one with the food in it! Haha, I go to Japan for 3 weeks and come back with 1 1/2 suitcases filled entirely with food! Haha, yea that's me!

So on to today's recipe. It actually doesn't have anything to do with my packing, instead it has carrots in it. I cut the carrots into chocolate chip sized pieces, so the cookie tastes like a sugar cookie, but has mini carrot pieces. I think next time I will grate the carrots and put them into the cookie along with the carrot pieces. You know, up the carrot factor  :) 



Carrot Sugar Cookie - Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 cup flour
1/2 cup carrot chips (carrot cut into chocolate chip sized pieces)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In a bowl beat butter and sugar
3. Add in yolks, and then flour
4. Once combined, stir in carrots
5. Put flattened tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until the tops are slightly firm
7. Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow..mothers will love you. Carrots cookies. It looks so cute. I'll definitely try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks...i think :)
    Thanks! I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)