I know the secret to crunchy cookies!!! HOORAY!! I LOVE crunchy cookies, so this was totally amazing when I figured this out! So like it turns out all you need to do is lower the baking temperature but increase the baking time. I adapted an oatmeal cookie recipe to make super crunchy cookies and use up some leftover granola. I made these cookies normally, like norm temp and baking time, but they weren’t that good. So like I changed it for super crispy cookies and guess what.? They were DELISH!!! Oh and btw they have a hint of peanut butter and dried cranberries! It made the cookies taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in cookie form!!
Oatmeal Cranberry Granola Cookies
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup leftover granola
1/4 cup peanut butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. (For crunchy cookies, 225 degrees)
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter. Add sugars and eggs. Mix until creamy. Add vanilla.
3.Mix flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together in medium bowl. Stir dry ingredients into butter-sugar mixture. Mix in peanut butter.
4. Stir in cranberries and granola.
5. Spoon out dough by large tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 6. inches between each cookie.
7. Bake until cookie edges turn golden brown, 10-12 minutes. (For crunchy cookies, about 30-35 minutes) Enjoy!