OTHER PAGES

Friday, June 4, 2010

Oatmeal Maple Hazelnut Cookie

My dad recently went to the mainland and brought back this huge bag of trader joe’s hazelnuts. We tried them, and thought they were disgusting. Turns out they were raw! :o I figured this out when I was trying this recipe.

I heard if you toast the nuts before adding them, more of the flavor comes out in the final product. Well, when I toasted the nuts, all the shells seemed like they were flaking off. A little longer in the oven, and they were shedding! Just using my fingers and a wooden spoon, I was able to take off most of the hazelnuts brown outer shell. These cookies are pretty good, I guess. They’re soft cookies. Prob because of the maple syrup. I think for more firm cookies, I would’ve taken out the maple syrup and added more brown sugar. I added hazelnut syrup just for a little extra hazelnut flavoring, and cause I found it on my kitchen table. (BTW It goes great with coffee)



Oatmeal Maple Hazelnut Cookie – Created by me!
Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup wheat flour
1 cup regular oats
¾ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp hazelnut flavor syrup (optional)
¾ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 large egg
½ cup toasted and crushed hazelnuts

Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, beat the butter, and sugars until blended. Add in the egg and syrups. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Once combined, stir in hazelnuts. Drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, bake at 12 minutes, or until edges of the cookies are lightly browned.

Oatmeal Maple Hazelnut Cookie



Before


After


Hazelnut liquor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)