OTHER PAGES

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Coconut Tapioca Pudding


when i was little....*cough cough* like a couple years ago, i always thought tapioca was for old people, so i never ate it. It was all cartoon networks fault. They had this show, Codename Kid's Next Door, and one of the episodes was about destroying the seniors citizen's supply of tapioca. Kinda a weird plot, yea? i think they said it was gross or something. But anyways, back to my tapioca story. So I never thought I liked tapioca, until I tried coconut tapioca from Bale Bakery. It was Amazing! Clear little pearls bathed in creamy coconuty goodness. Delish! It's so tasty, but of course, they sell it in tiny little 1/2 cup containers. :( But now.... I found out how to make my own! but of course...something just happened to go wrong. The recipe said large tapioca pears, and so I bought large tapioca pearls. Turns out I bought the extra jumbo large ones! It's only supposed to take 40 minutes to turn clear in the water, but umm...since they were so big...well it was like an hour and a half, and it still didn't completely turn clear! It was actually pretty good, and next time i go to times I'm gonna buy the smaller sized pearls...




Recipe:
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup tapioca pearls, partially cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pearls are translucent, about 40 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt until dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)