OTHER PAGES

Friday, May 28, 2010

Coconut Tapioca Pudding - Updated



I just did a post on coconut tapioca pudding, but it didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. (I had used the wrong sized tapioca pearls-they were too big). I bought the smaller sized tapioca pears, and re-made the tapioca pudding using the same recipe. It actually turned out quite well. The pearls quickly turned translucent, and so I was able to make the tapioca in about half the time. The coconut flavor wasn't super strong, so I added about 1/4 cup extra, and it was super yummy!

Recipe:
Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Add 1/3 cup (small!!!)tapioca pearls, partially cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the pearls are translucent, about 20 minutes. Stir in 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tablespoons sugar and a pinch of salt until dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)