OTHER PAGES

Friday, April 30, 2010

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes


I really had a huge craving for lemony stuff, so after my run, I whipped up some lemon poppy seed cupcakes from my handy dandy cupcake book! Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans, has wonderful recipes and delicious looking pictures. A-mazing! I didn’t have any buttermilk on hand, (I don't do the grocery shopping!) so I just used regular milk and some yogurt…they were delicious, a little on the dry side, probably cause I didn’t use buttermilk, but still good ☺

Lemon Poppy Seed Cupcakes (cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans)

Ingredients:
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ stick butter, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tbs poppy seeds
½ cup (butter) milk

Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper cupcake liners.
Sift: Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl: beat butter, sugar until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time, beating until batter looks creamy
Mix in vanilla, lemon zest, poppy seeds
Add half the flour mixture, mixing on low speed
Mix in butter milk
Add remaining flour mixture
Bake until tops feel firm and toothpick comes out clean, (18 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)