OTHER PAGES

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm here! :D

Finally, a recipe! :D And a delicious recipe too. Actually, it's more of a flavor combination since I used an old recipe (lame, I know, but it's the standard recipe!). I used the basic italian meringue macaron method (which works well in humid areas -hawaii- btw). But, rather than making some blue or plain macarons, I tried coffee, green tea, and li hing. The li hing turned in to a pile of pink goo, so I still need to work on the proportions, but the coffee and green tea macaron (shells) turned out great. (I added 2 tsp of espresso powder and green tea.) The filling, well, I guess I have to work on those parts too. But dark chocolate ganache never fails, right?!


Oh, and also a cinnamon gingerbread type one with speculoo spread! I used the same basic italian meringue method but with the addition of 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp nutmeg. The filling is just a mixture of speculoo spread, butter, and powdered sugar :]
Sorry about some of those cracked/messy looking ones... :( Gotta work on being neater!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love the cracked ones - means you get to eat more! For photo purposed of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite the macaron master! I can't wait to see you perfect the li hing one. Yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)