OTHER PAGES

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Tartine Bread

Gosh, it's been such a long time since I last posted. I didn't even post during Thanksgiving!! Which reminds me, how was everyone's Thanksgiving?? Even though I haven't been blogging lately, I've still been baking :) For Thanksgiving dinner, I made a pumpkin crunch cake and chocolate cream pie. I don't have a recipe for you guys today, but I realized I never posted about the bread I made waaayyyy long ago. Oops. Hehe.
This was my first attempt at the Tartine bread recipe, and if I may say, it turned out pretty good. Rustic, chewy, crackly exterior. The recipe calls for a starter, and then a small portion of that starter is used in the actual dough for the bread. Oh, and the recipe make two loaves. Hehe, one turned out well not so well (scroll down for a picture...). Turns out that even if a company says their pot can go in to an oven up to 450˚F, don't trust them! I initially put one of the loaves in said pot and the handles (which were rubber, I think?) started to burn! So I ended up just place the bread on a pizza stone, which worked pretty well.
Tartine Bread

What happens when you put bread in a hot pot, bake it for a little bit, then decide it was supposed to be the other side and end up flipping the cooked side on top! Oops!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! It looks perfect :) well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this bread looks so good! Pumpkin Crunch Cake like Aiea Bowl style? If so post!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)