Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Banana Snacking Cake...banana cake w/o all the oil and butter
Banana Snacking Cake
Adapted from Shabbott's Habits
1/2 cup pear sauce (or apple sauce)
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
3 Tbs white sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Mash ripe banana and applesauce together until the mixture is uniform.
2. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract to fruit mixture.
3. Add flour, sugar, baking powder and spices to wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
4. Pour batter in a 8 x 8 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
5. Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes or until center is just cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
*I halved the recipe and baked it in a smaller pan. This is the full recipe