OTHER PAGES

Monday, July 25, 2011

La Palme D'or

La Palme D'or is a French / Japanese bakery located on the ground floor of Ala Moana. They make beautiful desserts and drinks, and definitely worth a stop if you're in the area!
 Pear tart: Yum. I loved the crunchy crust!

Strawberry roll cake: I was hoping their strawberry roll cake would be as delicious as their vanilla roll cake. The cake was fluffy, but didn't really have that strong strawberry flavor I was looking for. The vanilla version is still my favorite...


Mont blanc: I've always seen these at Japanese bakeries, but every time I try one I'm always a little disappointed. I mean it's not bad, but it just looks so much cooler than it actually tastes! Anyways, I thought there was a wee bit too much chestnut mouse/cream. The whipped cream covered blueberry cake in the middle was an interesting surprise, but still way too much cream for the amount of cake.


Apple pie turnover: I love apple turnovers. Flaky buttery crust and spiced apples...Yum. Anyways, in addition to the apple filling I think they added some kind of almond paste (?). It was good, but not great. I think I'll stick with the vanilla roll cake.

On a side note, their drinks are pretty darn fancy. Darn, I should've taken some pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)