OTHER PAGES

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chewy Chewy Chewy

I used to hate ginger when I was younger, but now gingersnaps are one of my favorite cookies. I remember when my mom would buy chocolate covered ginger from See's Candy, and you know how they put all of the chocolate in one bag? Well, I would always get their toffee or chocolate covered caramel marshmallows, and I would reach in to the bag, pull out a candy, pop it in my mouth, and start chomping away. Imagine my surprise when I experienced an explosion of gingery spicyness. Yuck. It was awful, at least for a ten-year-old.

These cookies pack a punch of ginger, and too bad I didn't have any chocolate covered ginger because those probably would've made these cookies out of this world!



AH! So sorry everyone, turns out I forgot sugar....let me find my notes and I will get back to you guys on the recipe!

Chewy Gingersnaps
Ingredients:

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon all spice
1 tablespoon yogurt or non dairy milk

1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons molasses
1/2 cup chopped candied ginger or chocolate covered ginger (optional)

Directions:
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and all spice
2. In a separate bowl combine yogurt, oil, and molasses.  Mix in the flour. Add in ginger pieces.

3. Place rounded tablespoons of dough on a cookie sheet
4. Bake at 350˚F for 12 minutes

5 comments:

  1. I adore ginger and these cookies look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the simplicity here! going to try with hemp milk bc that's what i keep in stock but i'm betting almond milk would also be delish! saving this to my online cookbook (http://cookmarked.com)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I never liked ginger as a kid, but now it tastes great! I guess it's a sign of gettin' old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So looking forward to ending up with cookies just like the pic. Unfortunately I was disappointed. Did you forget an ingredient in the list. Maybe sugar?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg! So sorry everyone! I forgot the sugar. I will change that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)