This is the second cookie I made for my friend's sweet 16 birthday gift. I'm so pyschic I just knew I had to include a snickerdoodle. Okay, maybe I'm not. Maybe it was the constant reminder from friends who kept on telling me to make snickerdoodles. Don't worry, I didn't tell the birthday girl!
These weren't as cakey and soft as I'd like, but they were still delicious and quickly gobbled up! However, these weren't as thin and crispy as my last snickerdoodle, which I guess is a good thing..I think.
From Cookie Madness
1/2 cup shortening — softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine — softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl cream shortening, butter, the 1&1/2 cups sugar, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time; Stir in flour.
4. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
5. Form dough into 1 inch balls, press into sugar cinnamon mix and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned around edges.
Makes about 46 cookies