I really should be at my desk and not in the kitchen. This week is final's week, (Scary music:Dun dun duuunnn!) and I definitely should be studying right now. But instead I'm in the kitchen making something sweet. Brains need food to function, and can't that food be something tasty? Of course, since I'm a teeny bit short on time, I made no bake peanut butter bars that can be whipped up in a jiffy. Ha, jiffy, get it? My lame attempt at a pun. These bars were perfect for what I was craving. And who doesn't get a peanut butter and chocolate craving every once in a while? The chocolate layer was a little thick, but maybe that's because I accidentally double, oh wait tripled the chocolate layer. Of course it wasn't on purpose, right?
From Brown Eyed Baker
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup smooth peanut butter (like jiffy!)
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. Grease a 13×9-inch pan; set aside.
2. Place sugar and corn syrup into a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter until melted and combined. Add the cereal; stir well until well coated.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared pan using a piece of wax paper
5. Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let sit until firm