OTHER PAGES

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Study study study!

 I really should be at my desk and not in the kitchen. This week is final's week, (Scary music:Dun dun duuunnn!) and I definitely should be studying right now. But instead I'm in the kitchen making something sweet. Brains need food to function, and can't that food be something tasty? Of course, since I'm a teeny bit short on time, I made no bake peanut butter bars that can be whipped up in a jiffy. Ha, jiffy, get it? My lame attempt at a pun. These bars were perfect for what I was craving. And who doesn't get a peanut butter and chocolate craving every once in a while? The chocolate layer was a little thick, but maybe that's because I accidentally double, oh wait tripled the chocolate layer. Of course it wasn't on purpose, right?
 Don't they just look scrumptious? Well, now I'm off to study for my exams! :( Wish me luck!


Scotcheroos
From Brown Eyed Baker
Ingredients:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup smooth peanut butter (like jiffy!)
6 cups Rice Krispy cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

1. Grease a 13×9-inch pan; set aside.
2. Place sugar and corn syrup into a 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in peanut butter until melted and combined. Add the cereal; stir well until well coated.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared pan using a piece of wax paper
5. Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. Let sit until firm

11 comments:

  1. This is such a great recipe! I love the chocolate and peanut butter combination and especially love that you upped the chocolate. Good luck on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This looks like an excellent snack to make studying a little less painful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They totally look scrumptious! Good luck with your finals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like a rice krispy treat crossed with a peanut butter cup - what a fabulous idea, and they look so tasty! Hope the study went well (sugar highs always help!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious and so easy to make too! Good luck on your exams :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. my husband's grandmother makes these, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No worries, these bars will perk you up and energize you for your study!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally craving these now. YUM! Good luck with finals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I'm doing the same thing! I was supposed to be studying for midterms...but instead i'm digging about for recipes! Your scotcheroos look delicious! I love the name too :) Good luck with the finals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made these bad boys too and they were oh so good! I ate almost the entire pan! (Yoikes)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Annie: Thanks! Never have too much chocolate, right?!

    @ Briarrose: Haha, definitely

    @Tiffany: Thanks!

    @ Sticky Penguin: Yup!

    @ Happywhennothungry: Thank you!

    @ Maggie: Oh, they sound wonderful!

    @ Shirley: Haha, I'm hoping so!

    @Mackenzie: Thanks!

    @ Dee D: Haha, so much better than studying!

    @Erin: Oh! Thanks! Sounds like they were a success!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)