Ah, pumpkin, my favorite fall baking ingredient. Btw, is the pumpkin shortage finally over yet? Because the other day I went to the grocery store, and there was no more pumpkin! Maybe someone bought all of the cans, or maybe they were waiting for a new shipment. Well anyways, after searching for a while, I found a can of pumpkin at whole foods. It was organic! :) I love that store. It has everything I could ever need..and more!
Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
From all recipes
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
2 1/2 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 7x3 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. 4. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended.
5. Pour into the prepared pans.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Loaves are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.