OTHER PAGES

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tate's Clone Cookie (for the crispy on the outside chewy on the inside)


Has anyone found the perfect chocolate chip cookie? I know a lot of people are truly dedicated to finding the “perfect” cookie, but doesn’t everyone have a different standard of “perfect”? There’s the chewy cookie lovers, and the crispy cookie lovers, melt in your mouth cookie lovers, the crispy on the edges soft in the middle lovers, and many other types of cookie lovers out there in the world.

I myself, as stated many times before, am a crispy crunchy cookie lover. I just can’t those soft chewy cookies. Yuck, just thinking of them makes me gag. Okay not really. But still, I would never. ever. in a million years classify a chewy cookie recipe as the “perfect” cookie. But my dad on the other hand would totally say a chewy soft cookie is “the one”. I’m not trying to find the perfect cookie, nor am I trying bash everyone’s idea of perfect, I'm just trying to find out which cookie recipes suit what type of cookie lovers. You know, to see the difference.

Today’s chocolate chip cookie (CCC) recipe is from cookie madness. It’s the Tate’s Bake Shop Clone Cookie. My brother really liked these cookies because they had a slightly chewy center but a crispy edge. They were really really flat. I was careful not to put them too close together because I knew they would spread, but I didn’t expect them to actually spread that much! They were quite thin. But then again, the title of the recipe is Tate’s bake shop clone and those cookies are pretty thin. (btw, those cookies are sooo yummy! They're at whole foods, and I thought this recipe tastes pretty much the same!)






The Tate’s Bake Shop Clone Chocolate Chip Cookie
Adapted from Cookie Madness
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar 
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon water 
1 teaspoon vanilla 
2 large eggs
2 cups good quality chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a small bowl mix together flour, baking soda and salt
3. Cream the butter and both sugars. Beat in the water, vanilla and eggs.
4. Add the flour mixture gradually and stir until almost combined, then add the chocolate chips and stir until all flour is incorporated.
5. Scoop up tablespoons of dough and arrange 2-3 inches apart on cookie sheets. (They spread!)
6. Bake or 12-14 minutes or until cookies are browned and look done.Let rest on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Enjoy!

p.s. Voting is still going on, so please don't forget to vote! (and maybe for a delicious chicken stir fry by a girl named Lynne from Honolulu...just a thought) I'd really appreciate it, and I'd love to be able to buy some baking things! So please, don't forget to vote!

5 comments:

  1. I've been on the lookout for the perfect chocolate chip cookie as well! I think I have a pretty good one but I'd like to give these a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh these look delicious!

    I came across your blog via 17 and Baking and noticed you were from Hawaii too! So I figured I'd stop by to check out your blog. I'm glad I did, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a crispy/crunchy cookie lover too! haha....But I don't have any idea what my 'perfect' cookie would be =D
    These look pretty yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Evan! And I hope you do :)

    Hi Vanessa, thanks for checking out my blog! Oh, I love her blog. It has so many great recipes!

    Von: Me too!! :) Yea...me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHh. You have so much CCC recipes on your blog! So far, my favorite would be the Neiman Marcu's one. I am going to go through the other ones and see which one I like(:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)