OTHER PAGES

Monday, August 16, 2010

Nectarine Tart

Today’s recipe is for…..a yummy tart! Do you love tarts? Aren’t they delicious? Don’t you wish you could have one right now? If you answered no to any of the questions ask yourself the following one: Have you ever had one????? If you answered no, then you HAVE to go make one. Like right now! I’m serious. Tarts are just that good. Look, see, delicious!



They may not be the healthiest, or the most simple, but they are pretty darn tasty! Okay, so maybe they actually are kinda simple. Like this recipe. I had a nectarine on hand, wasn’t doing anything, so I decided to make a nectarine tart. I made mini tarts, and you guys all remember my brother, steve, yea?, well he piled whipped cream and ice cream on top before engulfing it. What was weird was he put a huge thing of whipped cream on, first. And a tiny scoop of ice cream, on top. Weird? I think so. But anyways, he said it was really good. I know I didn’t cut the nectarines all pretty and stuff, but if you wanna, definitely go for it!

as you can see, my nectarines aren't all that pretty....sorry


 see, my brother just piled on the whipped cream. higher and higher it goes, where it stops no one knows!!

now with a little scoop of ice cream. It looks a little weird, doesn't it? maybe a little unbalanced?

Nectarine Tart
Crust:
4 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup butter

Filling:
3 tablespoon flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 nectarine

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. In a bowl crumble the butter into the sugar and flour until small balls form
3. Press dough into tart pan, poke holes into the bottom using a fork, bake  for 15 minutes or until lightly browned
4. While the tart shell is cooling cut the nectarine
5. In a bowl combine the sliced nectarine, flour, and sugar. Pour into baked shell and bake for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender.

*tastes better with whipped cream and ice cream! or so my brother says...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)