OTHER PAGES

Friday, June 18, 2010

Vanilla Sugar Bars

I found some vanilla in my fridge, and I was craving something sweet so….I made vanilla sugar cookies. Wait, I meant bars. I was too lazy to actually make individual cookies. Typical, typical me. Maybe I should’ve named this blog milk n bars. Oh wells. These bars are delicious. Chewy, with a hint of vanilla. Delicious.


Vanilla Sugar Bars
½ cup butter
1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Split vanilla bean lengthwise, place in a ziploc bag with sugar. Rub together to flavor the sugar.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Add in egg
4. Mix in flour.
5. Press dough into a greased 8x8 pan
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned

Printer Friendly Version


5 comments:

  1. Ooh these look as though they would be extremely addictive! I doubt I would be able to eat just one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I wonder how a little cinnamon sugar sprinkled on before baking would be....yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sounds and look fabulous! Even better than sugar cookies, actually. So yay for the lazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh where did you get this recipe? i must try these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you guys so much! oh, I just made up the recipe. maybe someone else has the same recipe or something similar, but i just free-made it. (uh is that a word? free-write, free-made, free-baked..?) well i made it up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)