OTHER PAGES

Monday, May 17, 2010

Coffee Cookiecake



Today I felt like baking with coffee, and so I tried to make cookies using coffee. I don’t really like coffee, but I sorta like it better when it’s in a cookie or cake. Did you know coffee cake doesn't have any coffee in it??? I didn’t know that…But anyways, I made a cookie base, and then added some coffee…and the coffee grounds used to make it. Uhh is that okay? Cause in the final product…well lets just say the coffee grounds look like poppy seeds. So I started out with a coffee cookie in mind, but ended up with a cake instead. They were shaped like cookies, but tasted like a cake or very airy cakelike bread. Hmm I wonder why? Maybe there was too much liquid? I’m not sure, but these were actually okay, and probably taste pretty good with a nice cup of coffee. Or when your waiting for your ride to the mall to get new shoes.

Coffee Cookie Cake –by me!
Ingredients:
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
½ cup butter
2 tsp coffee grounds
3 tbs hot water
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Soak coffee and water in a small bowl (I used a coffee filter thing, but ended up just mixing the two). In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in egg and coffee mixture. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and soda. Combine flour mixture and butter mixture. Drop onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes or until browned.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)