OTHER PAGES

Monday, May 31, 2010

Apple Cranberry Coffee Cake



I have this classmate who always brings coffee cake to school for breakfast. Everyday I see her eating her super yummy lookin cake during our classes together. Wait. Once she was eating banana bread. But that was only once. I’ve never had coffee cake and I didn’t want to take hers, so I made my own! :) Did you know coffee cake doesn’t have coffee in it??? I didn't…I guess you’re just supposed to eat the cake W/ coffee. Ohhhh. Well here's my version of coffee cake…it was really moist and tasty!

Apple Cranberry Coffee Cake
Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cake:
1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup milk
½ cup applesauce
½ cup diced apple (about 1 small apple)
½ cup dried cranberry


Preparation:
Topping: In small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with fork until crumbly. Set aside.

Cake: Stir 1 1/2 cups sifted flour with baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a medium bowl, beat together beaten egg and 3/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Add milk and applesauce. Stir in flour mixture and mix well. Add in cranberries and apple.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square or 9-inch layer-cake pan. Sprinkle topping crumb mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)