OTHER PAGES

Thursday, May 13, 2010

agave oat cookies




okay so i was like, agave oat cookies. hmm...I guess it's a simple recipe...mmmm maybe I'll try it...after making them i was like these look kinda weird, but i shud try them @ least...omg these are really good!

they are almost like granola bars. I omitted the raisins and i didn't have wheat germ so I used flax seed instead. it seemed pretty much the same, but then again, I guess i wouldn't know. but anyways...they were actually pretty good. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to flatten the cookies, or if the cookies would flatten by themselves so I didn't do anything, I just plopped the dough on the cookie sheet and shoved it in the oven. Halfway through the time though, I looked inside the oven, and what did i see, round balls of oaty cookie dough still in its round form! I flattened a few cookies and left the rest alone. The cookies were like a chewy granola bar either in a ball form or in a flat disk. Surprisingly though they were pretty tasty!

Adapted From Cookie Madness
Agave & Honey Oatmeal Cookies
2 tablespoons lightly beaten egg (approx)
3 tablespoons agave nectar
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (2 oz)
1 tablespoon flax seed
1/8 teaspoon EACH baking soda & baking powder
1/4 scant teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cups old fashioned oats

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix egg, agave, honey, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Stir very well.
Combine flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir very well, then add to agave mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the oats and raisins. Let batter sit for about 5 minutes.
Using a tablespoon measure, scoop up dough and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Bake one sheet at a time for about 10-11 minutes. Let cool completely.
Makes 8 cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)