The great part about Muddy Buddies, aka puppy chow, is that it comes together in a few minutes, can be made in the microwave, and creates large batches at a time. Enjoy!
from the back of the chex cereal box
9 cups Chex Cereal (I used rice chex)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Measure cereal and put in a large bowl
2. In a separate microwaveable bowl microwave chocolate, peanut butter, and butter for 1 1/2 minutes or until smooth stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla
3. Pour over cereal and mix to evenly coat. Pour cereal in to a gallon size ziploc bag
4. Pour powdered sugar in to the ziploc bag and shake until evenly coated
5. Evenly spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper until cool. Store in an airtight container.