Buttery. Lemony. Delicious.
Do you like my poem? Isn't it beautiful? I mean, who can resist any butter shortbread cookie? And especially when they are flavored with lemon? I mean really, who can!?
Adapted from here
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 c. flour
1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, flour, and lemon juice just until all ingredients are incorporated together.
3. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on to the kitchen countertop. Turn half the dough out onto the parchment paper, and cover the top of the dough with a second piece of parchment. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to about 1/4″ in thickness. The dough should be rolled out while between the sheets of parchment. Doing so will help you get a nice, thin cookie, with a smooth top and minimal breakage.
4. Once rolled out, peel away the top layer of parchment paper, and use a pizza cutter to slice the cookies into approximately 2″ squares.
5. Transfer squares to baking sheets, and bake for 15-18 minutes, or just until the edges of the cookies are ever so slightly browned. Remove from the oven