Could it be? Could it be The One?
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. But anything chock full of chocolate and made with butter and two yolks has to be tasty, right?
Duh. These cookies are chewy, chocolate-y, thick and tasty. Well, at least to those who love thick, chewy, and chocolate-y cookies. To those who don't like cookies with that description, well, this isn't the cookie for you.
But they were tasty when sandwiched around a HUGE mound of vanilla ice cream. Creamy vanilla bean ice cream between two humongous thick and sturdy cookies. Yum :)
printer friendly version
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl cream together the butter and sugars. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. Once the butter is creamed, add in the yolks, milk, and vanilla extract until combined.
5. Stir in flour mixture.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips
7. Divide dough in to 8 equal portions and place on a parchment lined baking sheet, 4 to a tray.
8. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are golden and the middle is set
9. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk!