OTHER PAGES

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Maple Cinnamon Biscotti

My hand hurts. I just spent the last two hours hunched over my kanji book, scribbling kanji in to the super tiny boxes. Oh, how much fun that was (in a sarcastic voice). I have no idea why anybody would need three different types of writing. I mean, katakana is for "borrowed" words, hiragana is for, I guess non-borrowed words, and kanji, well kanji is just annoying. I mean, really? Do you really need to have another type of writing for words that be already written in a plainer form? Okay, maybe it looks a lot nicer and shortens words. Wait, no not always, sometimes there's about 15 strokes for one kanji, and the reading is just one syllable! Such a waste of my hand cramping!

Now moving onto other important matters besides my Japanese homework...these maple cinnamon biscotti! Biscotti are one of my favorite cookies. Mainly because they're so crunchy, and (well at least the ones I make) don't have any butter! Yea, I know some biscotti do, but I think the butter-free ones are better. They're crunchier! I combined two of my favorite fall flavors, maple and cinnamon, in to this crispy little twice baked cookies. They make the house smell delicious, and super fall-y? Uh, fall-y? is that a real word? Hm, maybe not, but basically these cookies are good.





Maple Cinnamon Biscotti  
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/3 cup maple syrup

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a cookie sheet with a silpat baking sheet
2. In a bowl mix sugar and eggs.
3. Gradually add in flour cinnamon and maple syrup.
4. Half the dough, shaping each in to a log on the cookie sheet
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned
6. Remove from oven, and being very careful, cut in to long slices about 1/2 inch thick
7. Turn each slice sideways and bake for 10 more minutes
8. Remove from oven, turn on to opposite side, bake for 10 more minutes
9. Remove pan from oven and cool
10. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)