OTHER PAGES

Friday, December 31, 2010

Lavender Madeleines

Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Has everybody decided on their New Year's goals? Usually I always forget about them until after New Years, but this time I thought of making goals to improve my baking. My first goal is.....to make a successful batch of french macarons. After countless errors, I'm determined to make these tasty little French sweets. My second goal is to make a baked alaska. I'm not sure why, but I just love the idea of ice cream, cake, and fluffy meringue on fire! I don't really have a third goal, or at least not yet, but I'll probably think of something.

Also on my list of things I wanted to make was madeleines! My friends got me a madeleine pan for Christmas (thanks guys!) so this morning I decided to make some madeleines. While I was cleaning out the pantry I found some dried lavender, so I made some Lavender Madeleines! They're the perfect finger food for a New Year's party. Enjoy!


Lavender Madeleines 
Adapted from Purple Foodie
Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
5 tbsp butter
2 tsp dried lavender, crushed/pulsed
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice

Directions:
1. In a saucepan, melt the butter and lavender. Allow to cool, then strain. 
2. Sift together flour and baking powder. 
3. In a separate bowl whisk eggs and sugar until thick, about 3 minutes. Add lemon juice.
4. Fold in flour mixture, and then lavender butter. 
5. Transfer batter into a piping bag. Allow to rest in the refrigerator for 3 hours. (I skipped this step)
6. Preheat oven to 400˚F and liberally butter a madeleine pan
7.  Pipe batter into pan and bake for 10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try cooking with lavender. This seems like a great recipe to get me started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, i love madeleines! Yours look delcious and adorable :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great. I love madelines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are much too cute! I love anything lavender.
    Happy New Year!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)