OTHER PAGES

Monday, August 9, 2010

Kinako Cupcakes

Wow, I've been using quite a bit of Japanese related baking material. First anko, then matcha, what next? Well....... next is kinako! I love kinako cause it taste like peanut butter, but in a dry flour-y form. It tastes delicious on mochi! (Warabi mochi anyone?) So more about what kinako actually is. It's soy bean flour. Weird, huh? Soy bean flour that tastes like peanut butter. It may sound weird, but it's sooooo delicious!



These cupcakes didn't have a strong kinako flavor. Maybe I should dusted some more on top....huh, ideas for next time! But they were pretty good. Not my favorite kinako thing,( no no not at all,) but not terrible either.

(this is the bottom of the cupcake. pretty, yea?)

Kinako Cupcakes - Printer Friendly Version
Ingredients:
1 egg
2 Tablespoon butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons yogurt
1/4 cup kinako (soy bean flour)
1/2 cup flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a mini cupcake tin.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat egg. Add in butter, sugar, and yogurt.
3. Mix in kinako and flour until combined.
4. Pour into greased cupcake tins. Bake for 13 minutes or until the tops are firm


2 comments:

  1. Yum! These are so creative. I love kinako on mochi so I might just have to try these. I wonder if you could make some sort of kinako frosting that would enhance the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks syd! I love your idea of kinako frosting. Sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)