Wednesday, July 21, 2010

NY: City Bakery

When I go on a trip, I always use yelp to find restaurants and shops I want to visit. For NY, I wanted to go to a bakery that wasn't so well known. I chose City Bakery because it sounded promising. The reviews were pretty good, and the pictures showed some pretty good looking food. So I went there, and well I didn’t think it was amazing, but it wasn’t bad.

I loved their pull apart bread. It was sooo tasty! It was huge, but I still ate the whole thing! One of the things on yelp that was supposedly super good was the pretzel croissant. I didn’t think it was that good. It tasted like an okay croissant topped with a ton of salt. And I mean a TON of salt. As I was paying, they brought out some more cookies, and thinking why not, I decided to get one. I got a vegan chocolate chip cookie. The guy at the counter said it tasted exactly like the normal ones, it just had a different texture. I thought it was pretty good. One or two bites tasted kinda off. Like I had a clump of baking soda or flour. The guy at the counter was right though. It did have a different texture. It was kinda crumbly but somehow still really moist.



Pull apart bread

Pretzel Croissant

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie

3 comments:

  1. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and loved reading about your food trip and reviews.I love these breads, especially the pull apart bread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vincent: Thanks for looking at my blog! I'll try to add my blog! :)

    Alisa-Foodista: Thank you! I'm glad you like them! The breads are amazing, aren't they!?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)