OTHER PAGES

Friday, July 9, 2010

David Lebovitz's Chocolate Chip Cookie

Everyone's always lookin for The Best chocolate chip cookie, right? But I was thinking about that, and I had an epiphany. I realized everyone likes different cookies and will think different ones are "The Best". So that got me thinking about what cookie would be best for what type of people. You know, people who like soft cookies would think cookie A is better than cookie B, but people who like crispy cookies would like cookie B better than cookie A, you know, that type of stuff.

So David Lebovitz's chocolate chip cookie was just meh, not yuck, but just okay in my opinion. I'm not into super buttery, soft, chewy cookies, so to me these were definitely not "The Best".

Sorry David Lebovitz, I'm not saying the cookies were bad, don't get me wrong they weren't bad, they just weren't crispy. I'm a crispy kind of girl! And don't worry, these cookies were eaten. They didn't go to waste! They went into my family's stomachs. tmi? sorry. They said they were scrumptious! The rest of my family likes soft cookies. Haha, they're softies!! But anyways, these cookies are probably for people who like buttery, soft, chewy cookies. :) And, they go great with milk! See:

I like milk, it's yummy! Plus, you can never go wrong with the classic milk and cookie!

David Lebovitz's Chocolate Chip Cookie
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
14 oz. chocolate, course chopped
2 cups nuts (or if you're like me and don't like nuts, I replaced the nuts with chocolate!)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F
2. Beat butter and sugars
3. Add in egg and vanilla extract
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt
5. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture
6. Stir in chocolate and nuts, if your using
7. Roll into a log with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm
8. (Original recipe said to cut dough into 2 cm thick disks, but I didn't like how it looked so I just broke them into parts and round them into balls) Place flattened balls of dough onto a cookie sheet
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned in the centers
10. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)