OTHER PAGES

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Whole Wheat Pastry Dough

So after trying David Lebovitz’s pastry dough, I wanted to create my own healthier version. I basically followed the same principle, but instead of using white flour, I replaced it with wheat flour. It was pretty good, a little less flaky. Okay. A lot less flaky, but still, it was a lot healthier too. Or so I think.

My Version – Whole Wheat Pastry Dough
½ cup butter
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour (maybe a little more or less)

Preheat oven to 375˚F
1. In a microwavable bowl, place butter, water, sugar, and salt.
2. Microwave until butter is melted. Stir together.
3. Stir in flour until dough comes together to form a ball
4. Transfer dough to a 9-inch tart mold
5. Once pressed into mold, prick dough with the tines of a fork
6. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Make sure to let the tart shell cool before filling!

as you can see i forgot to poke the dough with a fork...my bad


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you :)